HyPhy message board
http://www.hyphy.org/cgi-bin/hyphy_forums/YaBB.pl
HYPHY Package >> HyPhy feedback >> Is there any way to Re-start an analysis?
http://www.hyphy.org/cgi-bin/hyphy_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1381659377

Message started by Udayan on Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:16am

Title: Is there any way to Re-start an analysis?
Post by Udayan on Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:16am
Hello,

Quick question... is there anyway to restart an analysis once a computer crashes ? i.e., have the program start where it left off based on the tree and log file it creates?

My absolutely wonderful computer crashed on me and stopped my SBP analysis ~75% towards the end of the analysis (it has been running for a week now :-[ ). Just checking to see if there was a shortcut or whether I would need to start all over again.

I was using the SBP.bf program in the HyPhy 2.10beta GUI version.

Many Thanks,

Udayan

Title: Re: Is there any way to Re-start an analysis?
Post by Sergei on Oct 31st, 2013 at 3:16pm
Hi Udayan,

Sorry for a delay in responding.

Unfortunately there is no way to restart an SBP analysis without modifying the underlying code. However, if SBP already found a significant breakpoint among 75% of the possible locations, you could stop there and not finish the remaining 25%.

Have you tried running the analysis on Datamonkey?

Sergei

HyPhy message board » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.