Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

server working? (Read 2976 times)
John Bishop

server working?
Jan 5th, 2005 at 1:37am

Hi Sergei
Is something wrong with the datamonkey cluster? I started running model selection step about 20 hrs ago (about 2 am pacific time, jan. 4) and it never finished, even though the cluster load is low.

Another question: can I kill an analysis once its started? Does closing the model selection window kill that process?
Thanks!
John

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: server working?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2005 at 10:34am

Dear John,

Something has indeed gone wrong with the server. I restarted job queues, so your analyses should have finished. I am not in San Diego at the moment, but when I get back, I'll check to see what caused the problem. In the meantime, the cluster should run fine.

There is no way to cancel a job from the web (once it goes in the queue, it cannot be removed). I might change that later, but it's a bit tedious to implement (because you don't want people to be able to cancel others' jobs essentially).

Thanks for bringing my attention to the problem.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Amanda Castillo-Cobian

Re:  REL server working?
Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 9:09am

Hi Sergei,
my question is about the availability of the REL analysis, it seems that I canīt access the Integrative selection test (which needs SLAC, FEL and REL) tests. I can get into hte FEL analysis. Is there something wrong with the server?
Thanks,
Amanda

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: server working?
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 1:24pm

Dear Amanda,

If your alignment has more than 25 sequences you won't be given the option to run REL (due to our need to limit job-run time; a REL analysis with many more sequences can tie up the cluster for several hours). Similarly, FEL analyses are available for alignments with <=50 sequences.

You can always execute REL-like analyses by downloading HyPhy and running them on your own computer (Standard Analyses->CodonRateAnalyses->dNdSRateAnalysis.bf).

HTH,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged