Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

error messages (Read 1905 times)
Beatriz SweeneyOperation:

error messages
Apr 6th, 2005 at 1:42pm

Dear Sergel,

Thank you for your immediate response regarding run times.  I have another question.  I keep getting error messages and don't understand why.  I am using a Nexus file which includes aligned nucleotide sequences with a tree and am running HyPhy in OS 10.3.5.  I can run the data in "stripstopcodons" without a problem.  I have problems when I run the file in "dNdSRateAnalysis."  The program runs, but then when it is done and I try to open the out file, I get an error message that says:

Operation: : is not defined.
Current BL Comand:Build Formula:RUNNING
MG94xREV MODEL COMPARISONS on Macintosh HD:
Users:bpsweeney:Desktop:hyphy data:
Trial3US.dat###########3x3
CLASSES###########+--------------------------------------
+------------------------------+----------------------------------+
Current operation/job has been terminated.

Can you tell me what this could mean?

Thank you,

Beatriz

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: error messages
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 1:47pm

Dear Beatriz,

Quote:
Dear Sergel,
 The program runs, but then when it is done and I try to open the out file, I get an error message that says:
Beatriz

The .out file is a text file; you can view it with your favorite text editor, or use the File->Open->Open Text File command in HyPhy. The error messages you were getting were because HyPhy was assuming that the .out file was a batch file and trying to parse it.

You may also want to use Standard Analyses->Codon Selection Analyses->dNdSResultsProcessor.bf to get even more information (e.g. find positively selected sites etc). This file prompts you to locate the marginals file written out by HyPhy. This file will have .marginals extensions.

HTH,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged