Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Tree Statistics (Read 2834 times)
emiller

Tree Statistics
Apr 15th, 2005 at 12:32pm

Hello, I am trying to use HyPhy to calculate simple tree statistics, such as the number of cherries.  I've been told to go under "Additional tools => Tree Statistics" for these calculations.  I've tried opening up a tree file, but the "Additional tools" option on the menu is unavailable.  Does HyPhy need additional information about the tree (such as the sequences)?  Is this the correct place to calculate these statistics?

Thank you,

Eric

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Tree Statistics
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 12:55pm

Dear Eric,

[quote author=emiller  link=1113593542/0#0 date=1113593542]

Does HyPhy need additional information about the tree (such as the sequences)?  Is this the correct place to calculate these statistics?

[/quote]

It appears that the Windows version of the package was missing some files in the last few week's worth of builds.

If you download today's version (Apr 15th), it includes the files needed for the "Tree->Additional Tools" in the tree viewer to become available.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

emiller

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 3:11pm

Sergei-

Thanks for the quick reply; I am actually using Mac OS 10.3.  I just unpacked the April 15th build and I am still having the same problem of "Additional Tools" not being available.

Thanks,

Eric

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 4:05pm

Dear Eric,

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply; I am actually using Mac OS 10.3.  I just unpacked the April 15th build and I am still having the same problem of "Additional Tools" not being available.

My installers somehow got fubared in the past two days; I am working to resolve the issue. In the meantime, download the zip file from: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login and drop the decompressed directory (TreeAddIns) into the HyPhy install directory.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged