YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

TopologySearch.bf (Read 3311 times)
luobin
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

TopologySearch.bf
Oct 28th, 2005 at 10:46am

It seems there is something wrong with TopologySearch.bf standard analysis. After I choose TopologySearch.bf under Phylogeny Reconstruction, select the data file (it always asks me for the data file even though I've opened the data file using File=>Open Data File and the data panel is there), select the standard models, I got the following error message:

A fatal error occured:
Failed to allocate - 4 bytes.
Current BL Command:treeStatistics =
{treesToBeSearched,1}
HYPHYKernel wil now quit
       Jh-oh!

Any idea about what happened?

Thanks,
luobin

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: TopologySearch.bf
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 10:58am

Dear Luobin,

Standard analyses and GUI based analyses (e.g. data panels) etc, are disjoint (which is a bit counter-intuitive, but done so for historical reasons). Take a look at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login for a package primer to see the difference between the two.

If you want to use topology inference using the GUI, follow along the lines of this example [http://www.hyphy.org/docs/GUIExamples/Example7.html] (modified for your specifics).

Alternatively, you can use the standard analyses without opening data panels and follow the prompts (including the one which loads the file).

HTH,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

luobin
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 10:56am

Hi, Sergei,

Thanks for your explaination. I have one question when trying to run the analysis following the example by this link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

The GUI does not have a model named MG94xHKY85_3x4, only MG94xHKY85_3x4_Rates is available. How can I get the model MG94xHKY85_3x4 into my GUI?

Thanks,
Luobin

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:11am

Dear Luobin,

The MG94xHKY85_3x4 model has indeed gone missing. Download Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login and drop it inside SubstitutionModels/Codon to regain access to the model.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged