Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

dNdSrateAnalysis on rooted trees (Read 2144 times)
Antonio
Ex Member

dNdSrateAnalysis on rooted trees
Dec 19th, 2005 at 4:36am

Dear Sergei I am triying to make a dNdSRateAnalysis.bf but with rooted trees thus setting ACCEPT_ROOTED_TREES=1

but if i do this i get trees with unusual brach lengths (e.g. 1700). If do not use the rooted trees option I do not know what happens with the root when afterwards I use meanpath.bf to compute paths to the "entire root of the tree", if this root the same root I had with the original input tree?.
thanks,
Antonio

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: dNdSrateAnalysis on rooted trees
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:24am

Dear Antonio,
Quote:
Dear Sergei I am triying to make a dNdSRateAnalysis.bf but with rooted trees thus setting ACCEPT_ROOTED_TREES=1

but if i do this i get trees with unusual brach lengths (e.g. 1700). If do not use the rooted trees option I do not know what happens with the root when afterwards I use meanpath.bf to compute paths to the "entire root of the tree", if this root the same root I had with the original input tree?.

Long branch lengths are surely odd. dNdSRateAnalysis.bf models can not use the information about the root (as they are all time-reversible). I would suggest running dNdSRateAnalysis.bf with an unrooted tree, then rooting it (e.g. in the tree viewer panel) on the branch you want to be the root, and then using meanpath.bf.

HTH,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged