Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Simulations of Partitioned Models (Read 2239 times)
jamescotton
YaBB Newbies

London
Simulations of Partitioned Models
Jan 24th, 2006 at 2:39am

Hi Sergei,

If I simulate data using a model that's partitioned, will the simulated data also have the same partitioning? i.e. if site 3 comes from model 1 in the input data, will site 3 in the simulation also come from this model?

Thanks,
James

PS - I'm also submitting a bug to bugzilla - Hyphy has been crashing on one of my scripts. Of course, the bug could be in my batchfile.

James Cotton&&School of Biological and Chemical Sciences&&Queen Mary, University of London&&+44 (0)207 882 3645&&j.a.cotton@qmul.ac.uk&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Simulations of Partitioned Models
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 7:50am

Dear James,

If you simulate partitioned data through SimulateDataSet (i.e. based on a likelihood function fit), then the sites in the simulated dataset will be arranged contiguously by partition. For example, if in the original data, two hypothetical partitions were 1-20 + 101-150 and the second partition 21-100, then in the simulated data set, sites 1-70 would come from partition one and 71-150 - from partition two.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged