Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Mac OSX (Intel) + latest build = nothing (Read 4267 times)
Albert Li

Mac OSX (Intel) + latest build = nothing
Mar 9th, 2006 at 7:32am

I just downloaded the latest HyPhy build for Mac OSX (intel Universal) for my Macbook Pro which uses Intel Core Duo CPU. Well, the download was fine, but when I clicked the "HyPhy" icon...nothing happened. I tried to run it under Rosetta, no luck. The activity monitor showed nothing about HyPhy. Would you mind teaching how I could run it on my MBP. Thanks!!!!

Albert

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Mac OSX (Intel) + latest build = nothing
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 10:39am

Dear Albert,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The build you had downloaded had a malformed binary. Please download today's build (Universal Binary) and give it another go.

Cheers,
Sergei

P.S. How do you like the Macbook Pro? I have a Duo iMac; it's quite nice, especially for the price/performance ratio.

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Albert Li

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 6:21pm

Dear Sergei,

Thanks ALOT!!! I just downloaded the latest version and it works. It even sees two CPUs on my MBP, cool! I am learning how to use HyPhy now. Smiley

I like my MBP very much. It's fast, especially with the universal binary apps. However, when I run PAUP (unix build) under Rosetta, it's 4.5X slower than the G5 1.6. Anyway, it's a nice machine.   Grin

Have a nice day!

Albert

IP Logged

Albert Li

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 10:06pm

Dear Sergei,

I just tried the latest Universal build on a PowerMac G5 and a MBP. I got an interesting bug on the MBP, actually, I have no idea it's only me or the build problem. Ok, when I try to open a data file on my MBP, Hyphy is not willing to read those example files, except the "F81.bf" file. All other files are grayed out. Well, I have to tell Hyphy to read "all documents" format in order to read those data files. Everything works fine on the G5. I even copied the Hyphy folder from the G5 to the MBP to see if it can solve the problem, no luck. Once the file is read by Hyphy, it works just fine. Smiley

Have a nice day!

Albert

IP Logged

Sarah

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 1:36pm

I just wanted to add that I had the same problem opening a data file on my Intel iMac--I had sequences in every possible format, but all were grayed out as unreadable. Rather unnerving until I read about Albert's very simple fix here. I'm looking forward to using this software.

IP Logged