Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

saving analysis (Read 1915 times)
Gustavo Nolasco

saving analysis
Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:12am

Hi,
I recently came up to Hyphy which appears a great software. However I could not yet discover how to save an analysis after the optimisation step - i.e, being able to recover the partition, LF and parameters table after re-opening HyPhy. On page 20 of the tutorial *.pdf file there is the sugestion to choose the option to include sequence saving and later opening the data as a batch file. However this is not working with me !
any clues?
Thanks, Gustavo

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: saving analysis
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:19am

Dear Gustavo,

There are two ways to go about saving an analysis:

1). If you set up the analysis using the GUI (i.e. based on the graphical data panel), then you can save the entire thing as suggested on page 20 of the tutorial: switch to the data panel you want to save, go to File->Save menu, and make sure to include the data in the file (there will be an pull-down menu in the file save dialog for that). You can later reopen the saved analysis by choosing File->Open Batch File and then selecting the previously saved analysis. Note, that you may have to reopen some of the windows (parameter table, trees etc) after you reload the analysis, because by default only the datapanel (with partitions) will be displayed.

2). If you want to export any kind of likelihood function (this is presently limited to functions based on a single alignment, albeit multiple partitions are also allowed), you can drop this file:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

into the UserAddIns directory of your HyPhy distribution, and then you will have access to the 'ExportLikelihoodFunction' option when you click on the button with two gears (top most on the bottom right) in the console window  (it's tool tip should say User Actions).

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged