Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Error in the Phylogeny Reconstruction.... (Read 1494 times)
jackson
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

São Paulo, Brazil
Error in the Phylogeny Reconstruction....
Apr 27th, 2006 at 8:27am

Hi!
I was trying to make the phylogenetic inference and selection pressure analysis with HYPHY package, because the DataMonkey don't accepted dataset whit 250 sequences   Smiley
I made following these steps:  Analysis -> Standard Analysis -> Phylogeny Reconstruction -> NJ.bf -> Full Likelihood -> Nucleotide/Protein -> My dataset -> I chose: first GRM model, second HKY -> I chose: first Global with variation +HM, second Global with variation, third Global, fourth Local -> Gamma (when necessary ) 4-> I chose: force to 0 and second keep negative and the following errors appear:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

Anyone can help-me? Grin

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Error in the Phylogeny Reconstruction....
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2006 at 9:03am

Dear Jackson,

HyPhy is not reading your datafile properly, it seems (0 estimates tells me that it read '0' sequences).

First, try to open this data file using File->Open Data File. If all goes well, you should see a graphical data panel with your sequences. Look at the documentation for the list of formats HyPhy can read.

Also, I recommend you use Distances in place of Full Likelihood when building neighbor joining trees - the speed difference will be at least 100x.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged