Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Re: PAML/HyPhy merger announcement (Read 2908 times)
Art Poon
Global Moderator

Feed your monkey!

Re: PAML/HyPhy merger announcement
Apr 1st, 2008 at 12:45pm

Dear HyPhy user base,

We are pleased to announce that, effective summer 2008, the HyPhy code base will be subsumed under the PAML software distribution.  As developers of HyPhy, we are eagerly anticipating reaching a broader user base and capitalizing on the stream-lined algorithms provided by the PAML object library.  An unfortunate consequence of our merger will be that we will no longer support the graphical user interface and batch language for scripting.  However, the considerable ease-of-use of the PAML control file system, we are confident that we can guarantee the same user experience that you currently enjoy with the current out-dated graphical system.

We look forward to meeting your future phylogenetic sequence analysis needs as part of the PAML system.

Sincerely yours,
The HyPhy Development Team.

IP Logged

flashtop
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:47am

Thanx Art

You completely ruined my 2am pre-supervisor-meeting frantic code bashing smashing session last night. I was unable to manage a single line more. Until he told me this morning to check the date.

So no funny  Angry. And I'm even a year late! lol

good one
gordon

IP Logged

Art Poon
Global Moderator

Feed your monkey!

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 3:30pm

Well, better late than never  Grin
I hope your supervisor meeting went okay!  If there were any problems, send him our way and we'll straighten him out  Wink
- A.

IP Logged