Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Saving results and recovering batch files (Read 1754 times)
acobian
YaBB Newbies

UNAM Mexico
Saving results and recovering batch files
May 27th, 2008 at 11:24am

Shocked Hi,
I am working with HYPHY in MACOSX I've made a time consuming analysis for five days and at the moment it finished I wanted to save the results (LF function + parameters + values + trees) and it inmediately crashes and send me a message that HYPHY suffered of a error and will close, I did it again and after five days it happens the same, so I change to a Windows XP platform, did it gain and it crashes again!!!!!!! I have lost almost three weeks on this, do you know what is going on? Also I tried to recover an analysis that I have saved in a batch file and when I try to open at the object inspector the tree window and edit the tree, it crashes again. It maybe that  when I downloaded the package I did it in a wrong platform  (I used the fast window for the downloads) or miss some file or could be an incompatibility problem? I am desperate because I have done this many times and with different files and I can't use my results.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Saving results and recovering batch files
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2008 at 11:45am

Dear acobian,

Sorry about the crashes and wasted time - this is definitely frustrating! I'll try to get this resolved quickly, but I need to be able to replicate the crash.
Could you try to do exactly the same analysis but on a much smaller dataset so that it would run quickly and see if the crashes persist.
Then please post the sequence of steps that leads to the crash so that I reproduce the error and try to get it fixed.

Also, could you e-mail me (spondRemoveThisSpamTrap@ucsd.edu) the saved batch file that crashes upon reload?

Finally, check the version of the package from the About HyPhy box (it will look like 1.0020080424beta).

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

acobian
YaBB Newbies

UNAM Mexico
Re: Saving results and recovering batch files
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:33am

Hi, thanks for the fast reply, I am going to rerun the analysis using less sequences and see if it crashes again, then I will write to you again. I am sending now the batch file that crashes when I try to edit the tree (269fivematK). Thanks again for the help, I have been using hyphy for many years before, the earlier versions of Spencer Muse, and I always like it and it has been very useful for my research. I moved from my old lab and starting to use new computers, it never happen before that an analysis crashed like this time, even for very big databases. Best regards,
Amanda  Smiley

IP Logged