Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

console window loading/parsing file ad infinitum (Read 1647 times)
martha
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

console window loading/parsing file ad infinitum
Jun 5th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Hi there,  I am having a problem running HyPhy because the "status" in the console window is stuck on loading and parsing the data file until Windows runs out of memory.  It never finishes.   I am running HyPhy_Win32 on Windows 2000.  I have used the program before on this computer without any problems until just a couple of days ago.  I am still able to open a data file and build a LF and optimize it.  But when I want to go to the console window and start a standard analysis, I can't because it keeps on loading and parsing.  I tried using your sample dataset p51.nex and have the same problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Martha.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: console window loading/parsing file ad infinit
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 3:07pm

Dear Martha,

Please make sure that you are running the latest HyPhy version. The infinite console loop bug was introduced about 6 months ago and fixed about 3 months later; so versions from April 2008 or later should be free of the bug. To check your version, go to Help->About HyPhy menu item and look for the HyPhy version in the format 1.0020080521beta (year/month/day following the 1.00 version number).

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged