Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
error messages in directionalREL.bf (Read 9344 times)
Kohei
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Re: error messages in directionalREL.bf
Reply #15 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 6:09pm

Second, I re-ran DirectionalREL.bf with REV model; it took about 33 hours. Now amino acid sites 51, 125, 236, and 242 are selected; these sites are "more preferable" in that they correspond with variable regions known in the gene, which encodes viral outer capsid. However, I still find so many N/A in the resulted xxx_AA_bysite.csv file. Does this situation occur when the variation (the number of substitutions) in the alignment is too small ?

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Reply #16 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 12:07pm

Hi Kohei,

N/As are normal. As described in the DEPS manuscript, the stage consists of two steps:

1). For each target residue, a p-value is computed to determine if there are ANY sites (proportion > 0) directionally evolving towards that residue. That's the top row of the spreadsheet that you attached.

2). For those residues which show significant p-values (after a multiple test correction), Bayes Factors are computed

N/A simply means that there was no need to compute Bayes Factors for that particular residue/site pair because the LRT test was not significant.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Kohei
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 9:21am

Dear Sergei,

Thank you for your kind reply.
I should have read the DEPS manuscript in detail; now I am trying to do so. I hope that I can obtain meaningful information.

Kohei

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2