Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Error in finding valid model templates (Read 3385 times)
Nick
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Error in finding valid model templates
Nov 12th, 2010 at 10:58am

I've downloaded v2.0 developmental build for Windows twice and both times get the following error message

"I couldn't find any valid model templates in 'C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\HYPHY_Win32\HYPHY_Win32\SubstitutionModels'. Please check your installation of HYPHY for missing files.I couldn't find any valid genetic code tables in 'C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\HYPHY_Win32\HYPHY_Win32\GeneticCodes'. You can still use the Universal code which is built-in.
8 Intel x86 architecture  processors detected.  You can change the number of processors utilized by HyPhy via the HyPhy settings dialog."

Also, the following folders within HYPHY\SubstitutionModels\User are empty:  AA, Codon, and Dinucleotide, and Nucleotide has only 2 documents titled JC69 and K2P.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Error in finding valid model templates
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:06am

Hi Nick,

The default (standard models) should be in TemplateBatchFiles/TemplateModels
HyPhy is not very clever about finding where the supporting files are -- the executable itself is expected to be in the same directory (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\HYPHY_Win32\HYPHY_Win32\ in your case), as the rest of the files. Have you decompressed the .zip archive, or are you using the built-in Windows .zip file browser to view and launch the files? You need to do the former, otherwise HyPhy will not find any of the supporting files.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Nick
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Re: Error in finding valid model templates
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.  HYPHY_WIN32 was decompressed and the executable was already in the same directory as all the other files.  I just noticed that not all of the files in the .zip were present in my decompressed folder.  The program appears to be working now that I've copied all of the files.

Thanks again!

IP Logged