YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

HYPHY not responding (Read 2455 times)
tanz
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

HYPHY not responding
May 4th, 2011 at 3:37pm

I am having the following trouble with the HYPHY package: HYPHY freezes up and does not respond when conducting branch-specific tests for positive selection.

A nucleotide file is chosen, tree, positive selection test (Quick, etc. anything and all that allows specific nodes), and a specific node. The analysis starts and then freezes. Tests over the entire tree (when a specific node is not chosen) do not freeze. I am currently running HYPHY2.0 under MacOSX 10.6.7.

Is it possible to test selection acting on a certain branch on the datamonkey server to ensure this is not a problem with the package, but my data?

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: HYPHY not responding
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2011 at 7:04pm

Hi tanz,

Do me a favor and try turning off multi-threading. Go to Preferences: Multiple Processors: CPUs to Load -- set the value to 1 and see if the problem goes away. There is some obscure data race condition in HyPhy Mac OS X GUI that I have not been able to track down yet -- perhaps you are seeing its effects.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

tanz
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Re: HYPHY not responding
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:18pm

Hi Sergei! Your suggestion works perfectly. Thank you! No freezes so far tonight...  Smiley

IP Logged