Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Using HyPhy's predefined codon models (Read 1772 times)
sspiel
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Using HyPhy's predefined codon models
Dec 28th, 2011 at 5:01am

Hello,

I am trying to run a likelihood analysis using the GY94_3x4 model matrix which comes with the hyphy package. Upon running my batch file, however, I always receive the error message as follows:

Error:
Operation 'MAccess' is not implemented/defined for a Number

Function call stack
1 : Branch  under condition ModelGeneticCode[h]==10 to 9 else 12
-------
2 : codonfreq=GUIBuildCodonFrequencies(observedFreq_outer)

I have tried several other codon models as well and the same error (more or less) is returned for each.

In my troubleshooting efforts, I tried to use a codon model formatted by the GUI rather than the ones in the trunk directory. Interestingly, I found that the "buildcodonfrequencies" function included in the model file that the GUI returns does not work but the other/standard buildcodonfrequencies model works fine with that matrix.

Any thoughts? I've attached my batch file as well.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login (0 KB | )

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Using HyPhy's predefined codon models
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 1:09pm

Hi there,

The models inside "SubstitutionModels" directory are only meant to work through the HyPhy GUI, which sets a lot of variables behind the scenes to make them work (sorry about the lack of documentation on this). I modified the file you include to work. The missing bits were:

• The model definition expects to have a genetic code defined and stored in the variable ModelGeneticCode
  • The call to GUIBuildCodonFrequencies must follow the call to GUIPopulateModelMatrix

HTH,
Sergei

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login (1 KB | )

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged