Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Are my indices consistent with HyPhy? (Read 1405 times)
Mawa Jekot
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Are my indices consistent with HyPhy?
Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:33am

Hi

My data consists of sequences that have a 0 or 1 indicator before each codon. For example, 0ACT1GAG.

I use $BASESET:"ACGT01" in my data file and exclude the attached "exclusions.txt" combinations in my filter. These exclusions are any combination of length four of A, C, G, T, 0 and 1 which does not have a 0 or 1 indicator in the first position and 3 nucleotides in the following three positions. It also contains the stop codons, six in total (0TAA,0TAG,0TGA and 1TAA,1TAG,1TGA).

The rate matrix (122 x 122) I specify for the model assumes the indices are coded as follows:
0 = 0AAA
1 = 0AAC
61 = 1AAA
121 = 1TTT

Is this consistent with how HyPhy expects it?

Thanks

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login (5 KB | 1 )

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Are my indices consistent with HyPhy?
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:42am

Hi Mawa,

This seems correct. When you create the datafilter, you can perform a sanity check to ensure that the encoding is correct. See attached (it is a self-contained NEXUS + HyPhy BF file).

Sergei

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login (11 KB | 1 )

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged