Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

"Ran out of input in buffer" Error (Read 2671 times)
LSwaszek
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

"Ran out of input in buffer" Error
Jan 11th, 2013 at 10:48am

I have effectively generated Slatkin Maddison test results for most of my samples but am having trouble with a single set. I am able to set up and start my test just fine and the program works through comparisons of about 80% of the samples. Somewhere towards the end of the sample comparisons I recieve the following error message: "Ran out of input in buffer during a redirected standard input read. Current task has been terminated."

At this point it terminates the process and while I can view Slatkin Maddison results for most of the comparisons between groups, I am still missing a small number of groups. What am I missing?

I can be contacted at luke.swaszek at nih dot gov.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: "Ran out of input in buffer" Error
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:38pm

Hi Luke,

Can you please provide more information?

1). Are you running the standard SlatkinMaddison.bf (from TemplateBatchFiles) or a customized script? If the latter, please send me the script.
2). The error you report typically results from the condition where the file is looping through a prompt until a valid input is provided (e.g. a regular expression that partitions the sequences into two non-empty subsets). You may want to check for a typo in that somewhere.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged