Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

A couple basic questions. (Read 1934 times)
Msteffen
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

A couple basic questions.
Feb 19th, 2013 at 3:19pm

Hello,

I am new to the datamonkey program and have a couple quick questions that I can't seem to find answers to, and I am still just largely trying to get used to the program and figure out exactly what I want to do with it.

My first question is, is it possible to get back to previous projects without saving the page on your web browser?

Also, somewhat related to the previous question, can you cancel previous job queues which you exited out of before? I have a couple I notice running in the job queue but can't seem to stop them.

Also, is there some sort of issue with the GARD or SBR analysis lately? When I was first using the tutorial on Saturday, the analysis was nearly instantaneous but now it seems to be taking forever. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Mike

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: A couple basic questions.
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 2:24pm

Hi Mike,

To answer your questions

1). Datamonkey.org does not really have a mechanism for storing analysis results long term. We are redeveloping some of the functionality as a scriptable API (so you could use it much like NCBI blast through your own scripts). At the moment you can save the primary result page to a web-archive from your browser.

2). If you have the Job ID (upload.xxx--xx.1), then you can cancel the job by using the URL Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login where the task ID what you want to cancel. Also, if you load Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login there is a link at the bottom to check the cluster job for all related tasks, and from the page that you see when you follow the link you should be able to cancel the queued jobs.

3). There is no specific GARD/SBP issue that I know of -- sometimes the queues get quite long; depending on the usage at the moment.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged