Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Error - matrix dimensions do not match (Read 32371 times)
sspiel
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Error - matrix dimensions do not match
Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:53am

Hello,

Recently I've been encountering issues with some codon alignment files I'm inputting into FUBAR, which yields the following error message -

Error: Incompatible dimensions when trying to add or subtract matrices: first argument was a 4x3 matrix and the second was a 20x3 matrix.

Further, I tried other HyPhy algorithms to check if errors are always thrown,  and I receive error messages such as the following -

DataSetFilter 'filteredData' contains non-standard data and SelectTemplateModel is not applicable.

There seems to be no difference that I can see between files that work and files that do not work (especially since they were produced by the same pipeline). All are codon alignments, and I initially suspected that the issue might be due to ambiguous data (many N's in the alignment), but I have never had an issue with having ambiguous residues in the past. Perhaps there are too many in the alignments that give errors?

Any light you could shed on why I'm receiving this error would be appreciated!

Best,
Stephanie

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Error - matrix dimensions do not match
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:43am

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry for taking a while to respond. It seems to me like HyPhy is sometimes reading your nucleotide data as aminoacid data. This can happen if there are a lot of N's in the nucleotide alignment. Two possible solutions are:

1. Use rhe NEXUS file format -- you can specify the type of the data explicitly
2. Replace N's with ? in your input data

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged