Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

REL, FEL, IFEL selected amino acid residues (Read 3349 times)
Men
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

REL, FEL, IFEL selected amino acid residues
Sep 23rd, 2013 at 6:27am

Hello,

I am running SLAC, IFEL, REL to find codons within my alignment that are under positive selection.  I have observed that datamonkey only shows the codons that are selected and not the particular amino acid resisues that are being selected for.  I used to see the selected amino acid residues in datamonkey when I was running the analyses about 2 months ago but now I don't see them anymore. Can someone please let me know how to see the selected amino acid residues?

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: REL, FEL, IFEL selected amino acid residues
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2013 at 11:07am

Hi there,

Other than PRIME, TOGGLE and DEPS/FADE, other datamonkey methods do not report specific residues subject to selection, just the sites. Can you be more specific about what you were able to see 2 months ago that you can no longer see? If you are referring to the ability to view inferred substitutions at a specific site, this information is based on SLAC results only (however MEME also report similar information using a different model), and you should be able to access these links from the Integrative link on the Analysis Information page.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Men
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Re: REL, FEL, IFEL selected amino acid residues