Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

methology for selection analysis of alignment with recombination (Read 3144 times)
Russell
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

methology for selection analysis of alignment with recombination
Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:03am

Dear Dr. Sergei
I have few question, i want to go for codon selection analysis (SLAC,FEL, REL, FUBAR). I have screened with GARD and SBP for recombination.
1. GARD- shows two breakpoint- 1597 and 2482 position, but SBP show one breakpoint -2495 position for same multiple sequence alignment (MSA). Why this discrepancy in result, which one to take.

2. How to correct for recombination- Methology,
        a. whether to download GARD Nexus output file after screening for GARD analysis and upload it in, analyze ur data option in datamonkey , to proceed for (SLAC,FEL, REL, FUBAR) analysis                                                 
                                           ( or ) 
        b. otherwise based on breakpoint position, i have to split all the sequences of alignment, into fragment , then align each fragment section to MSA, upload each fragment section MSA to proceed for analysis in datamonkey server.

3. whether i can use Parris directly on alignment containing recombination, inaddition to above (SLAC,FEL, REL, FUBAR) analysis.

I am novice to datamonkey, selection analysis. Some question may look silly, sorry. Kindly answer my queries.
I have also referred this article “Phylogenetics-
Robust inference of positive selection from recombining coding sequences- Konrad Scheffler, Darren P. Martin and Cathal Seoighe.

Thank u

IP Logged

Russell
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Re: methology for selection analysis of alignment with recombination
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2014 at 2:10am

Dear Dr/Sir/Madam,
kindly reply to my above question, if any one knew the answer.
THANK U

IP Logged