YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Problem with REL? (Read 2546 times)
matty
YaBB Newbies

zzzzzzzzz

Problem with REL?
Jun 6th, 2007 at 1:50pm

I started a REL analysis this morning, and usually it does not take this long to finish.  I was actually expecting this one to run really fast due to the limited number of codons I have.  However, it says it is still in the job queue. 

My results page is also blank (except for the beloved monkey sipping on his java):
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

Just wondering if you knew what was up, or if its just my lack of patience.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Problem with REL?
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 2:06pm

Dear matty,

This job threw an exception I have not seen yet (it was not being run properly). Let me check and see what is going on.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Problem with REL?
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 5:15pm

Dear matty,

The tree included in your NEXUS file had one too many opening parentheses (at the beginning). HyPhy accepted this tree (but it should have rejected it, I need to tighten error checking), and created a phantom node (i.e. a branch with a dummy interior node). That in turn led to issues with the server side of datamonkey.org.

Check Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login for the results using your file but with the tree string corrected to balance the parentheses.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

matty
YaBB Newbies

zzzzzzzzz