Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

recover data from hyphy batch file (Read 3561 times)
mrealpe
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

recover data from hyphy batch file
Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Hi. After SEVERAL days running a ML optimization for a dataset of almost 300 seqs (978 nt in lenght each one), I saved an unformated file containing all the obtained data and the LF parameter table file (actually guessing that the computer was prompt to crash soon). I decided to run a BF analysis to detect selection per site and the computer crashed. SAfter rebooting I can not find a batch file that the one should be created to store of the data but the file I saved (a .nex file, I think) contains the alignment, the hyphy parameters values (TNTS, DNDS, etc), a set of calculations with the parameter values, a set of part freqs, the model and inferred tree, and the nS, S, estimates for LF values per node/seq. Question:
Is there any way to instruct hyphy to take all of this info and continue with the BF analysis to detect positive selection per site OR SHOULD I OPTIMIZE the LF function AGAIN ????. Thanks a lot for your kind reply, best wishes, Mauricio.

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: recover data from hyphy batch file
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 9:20am

Dear Mauricio,

Sorry about your troubles. I am not entirely clear what is going on based on what you posted. Could you be more specific about which analysis you were running, what exactly you saved (perhaps upload the .nex file) and how that failed to work later.

Generally, HyPhy will only be able to reliably reload .nex files with a complete HYPHY block, because those files store everything that is needed to restore the likelihood function.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

mrealpe
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 12:29pm

Sergei wrote on Mar 10th, 2008 at 9:20am:
Dear Mauricio,

Sorry about your troubles. I am not entirely clear what is going on based on what you posted. Could you be more specific about which analysis you were running, what exactly you saved (perhaps upload the .nex file) and how that failed to work later.

Generally, HyPhy will only be able to reliably reload .nex files with a complete HYPHY block, because those files store everything that is needed to restore the likelihood function.

Cheers,
Sergei

Hi Sergei, thanks for your reply. I have the info on a text file. I did not saved a batch file. I just want to restore the likelihood function in order to proceed to bayes analysis of site-specific selection pressure. I also saved the LF table in another file. How can I get hyphy recognize this info in order to continue with the analysis I am pursuing ?, Thanks in advance for your help, Mauricio.

PS. Before the LF table (jn the unformatted file I saved) I can see a paragraph like the following (below). Is this the Hyphy block you mentioned ?

BEGIN HYPHY;

global hyphy020808_part_Shared_TVTS=0.6094225199767913;
global hyphy020808_part_Shared_DNDS=0.179713759469559;
global hyphy020808_part_Shape_alpha=1.483316398298839;
hyphy020808_part_Shape_alpha:>0.01;
hyphy020808_part_Shape_alpha:<100;
global hyphy020808_part_Shape_beta=1.053340295516984;
hyphy020808_part_Shape_beta:>0.01;
hyphy020808_part_Shape_beta:<100;
global hyphy020808_part_Shape_beta_Inv=0.1975734488259793;
hyphy020808_part_Shape_beta_Inv:<0.9999999999;
hyphy020808_part_Categ_alpha.weights={
{              0.25}
{              0.25}
{              0.25}
{              0.25}

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 9:11am

Dear Mauricio,

Looks like you were using the graphical user interface to optimize a likelihood function.
Could you actually e-mail me the file that you have saved (spond at ucsd dt edu) so
that I can give you more precise instructions on how to proceed? I am still not entirely
sure what the entire file contains.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

mrealpe
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:00pm

Hi Sergei, did you recive my email ?.  I am sorry if I insist, perhaps to run the analysis again would have taken shorter than asking about recovery of data. Thanks in advance for your reply, regards, Mauricio.

IP Logged

mrealpe
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:07pm

Hi again Sergei. Concerning the same dataset I have been working with in Hyphy, I tried to run The Beast over it and get UCLN and Clock results after 100 millions steps, however the UCED model did not reached the same 100 millions steps (although based on the skyline values and gaussian distribution it got coalescence, the statistics reached very similar values than the UCLN). I was wondering if is there any way to get a BSP plots or MCC from partial runs of The Beast ?. When I try the program gives an error message, is it possible to do something based on command line ?

IP Logged