Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Hypothesis testing with REL (dNdSRateAnalysis.bf) (Read 1181 times)
Sarah
YaBB Newbies

Hypothesis testing with REL (dNdSRateAnalysis.bf)
Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:57am

Hi, Sergei,

I'm working with dNdSRateAnalysis.bf to perform REL on many alignments.

1. I'd like to perform model comparisons to test the relative strengths of selection on the different alignments, almost identical to the procedure you outline on pp. 28-29 of your book chapter. I see that I can select a non-positive discrete distribution to test for positive selection. Is there an option for inputting other constraints, such as specific averages for the discrete rate classes or proportions of sites in them?

2. I'm scripting all of this. After I select "custom" (option 2) to run a subset of tests, is there a syntax I can use that will allow me to run more than one of the tests (but not all)?

Thanks!

Sarah

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Hypothesis testing with REL (dNdSRateAnalysis.bf)
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 11:42am

Dear Sarah,

1). dNdSRateAnalysis.bf (as implemented) does not permit you to specify parameter values a priori. You would have to change the source code a bit (e.g. read in values from a file) following Model definition

2). Yes. If you look towards the end of the book chapter (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login) for how to script existing analyses with ExecuteAFile ("file", options), you can craft the options list to deal with multiple selections. You do this by listing all the selections in order and ending with an empty string, e.g.

Code:
options["05"] = "Option 1";
options["06"] = "Option 5";
options["07"] = "";

HTH,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW