Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

SOWH test with multiple data partitions (Read 2093 times)
Mariana Mateos
YaBB Newbies

Feed your monkey!

SOWH test with multiple data partitions
Jun 17th, 2009 at 9:37am

I usually perform my parametric bootstrap (SOWH test) with SeqGen.  However, I would like to simulate my data under a more complex model than what is available in SeqGen.  I'd like to have multiple partitions (codon positions 1, 2,3  and or genes).  I'd like each to have a different model (e.g., codon position 1: HKY; codon position 2: GTR + G; etc.).  SeqGen only allows gamma, gamma + invar sites, or site specific overall substitution rates, but not site-specific rate matrices, base freq, gamma, etc)  Is this possible to implement in HyPhy?  If so, is there a guide available?

IP Logged

wayne
Global Moderator

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

San Diego, CA
Re: SOWH test with multiple data partitions
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 12:02pm

Hi Mariana, yes it will be possible to implement this using the HyPhy batch language. Have you used the batch language? The simulation setup should be rather trivial to setup. You can have a look at Chapter 5 of this file (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login) which discusses filtering datasets by codon positions and applying separate models to each partition. Shout if you have questions. In the meantime we'll look into writing some "stock" code to run SOWH test. cheers ./w

ps: actually i think it may be possible to at least set up simulations in the gui. will look into this too.

Assistant Project Scientist&&Antiviral Research Center&&Department of Pathology&&University of California, San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged