Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Assumptions of SLAC and REL (Read 2654 times)
Maurice
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Assumptions of SLAC and REL
Oct 18th, 2012 at 5:49am

Dear Hyphy users,

I have just downloaded the Hyphy package and skimmed through the manuals "Getting Started with Hyphy" and "Estimating selection pressures on alignments of coding sequences".

My aim is to test for positive (diversifying) selection in datasets where:
  • I have 10 to 50 sequences of either the same species or different species of the same genus
  • The frequence of recombination is high (tested with seven statistical methods implemented in RDP4)
  • I have single copies of haplotypes (i.e. information about the frequency of haplotypes in the population is discarded)

I have tested for positive selection with PAML and OmegaMap, however, my datasets do not correspond to the assumptions made by the models used in these software (PAML does not take recombination into account and OmegaMap needs information about haplotypes' frequencies).

Would SLAC or REL correspond to my datasets ? Is there something written about the assumptions made by SLAC and REL (I could not find it in the manuals) ?

Best regards,

Maurice Smiley

IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: Assumptions of SLAC and REL
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:49am

Hi Maurice,

Use recombination corrected FEL or FUBAR (on data monkey.org). Refer to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login for details, specifically section 1.6.

Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged