Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Running Spidermonkey Locally (Read 2802 times)
ProtoMonkey
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Running Spidermonkey Locally
Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:07am

Hey everyone.

Sorry if this is a naive question, I'm new to this software package.  I just finished using Spidermonkey (through the webserver) to identify epistatic interactions between 73 sites in an alignment of 75 amino acid sequences (alignment length of 791).  I was very pleased with the results and I'd like to do some additional analyses with additional sites (maybe up to 120 or so at a time).

Because of the current limit on the webserver, I downloaded the most recent version of the HyPhy package.  My question is how can I run a spidermonkey analysis locally through the suite?  I already have a model selected (through cAIC) and a ML phylogeny generated (incorporated into my nexus formatted dataset).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

IP Logged

ProtoMonkey
YaBB Newbies

Curious HyPhy user

Re: Running Spidermonkey Locally
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:00am

Some quick searching led to this post on these very forums from 2009:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

I tried following the procedure referenced in this post, but I encountered an error because my dataset is comprised of sequences of amino-acids and not codons/nucleotides.  The webserver possesses the capacity to process my dataset, does the local version currently lack this capability?

IP Logged