HomeHelpSearchLogin  

GABranch in Hyphy (Read 1766 times)
Miguel

Hi Hyphy!

CBMSO, CSIC (Spain)
GABranch in Hyphy
Nov 20th, 2007 at 12:46pm

Hi,

I am working with several sequences at this moment. 
I would like to do an analysis about estimating dN/dS (or dN-dS, dN, dS) by branches, like GABranch in Datamonkey. However, I have more than 25 sequences so I am thinking that I have to use Hyphy for that.
So, I am goingo to "Standard Analysis" -> "Compartmentalization" -> "BranchClassDNDS".
First question: Is this analysis similar to the GABranch of Datamonkey?, or, Where is it (GABranch of Datamonkey) in Hyphy?, because, is there this analysis (GABranch of Datamonkey) in Hyphy? 

Then, I am following with this analysis ("Standard Analysis" -> "Compartmentalization" -> "BranchClassDNDS") and when I am introducing a sequences file for second time (any sequence file, "p51.nex" Hyphy example include), the software writes this:
- Macintosh HD:Applications:HYPHY:data:p51.nex does not appear to contain a valid branch partition information -
and stops  . I do not know why.   

So, what can I do to analyze my sequences?
Thank you very much!

Cheers
Miguel
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2007 at 7:44am by Sergei »  
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Sergei
YaBB Administrator

Datamonkeys are forever...

UCSD
Re: GABranch in Hyphy
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 7:44am

Dear Miguel,

GABranch is not a part of the standard distribution. You can download the files needed to run the analysis locally from Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

There is a documentation file there which should help you get started.

Cheers,
Sergei

Associate Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Division of Biomedical Informatics
School of Medicine
University of California San Diego
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Miguel

Hi Hyphy!

CBMSO, CSIC (Spain)
Re: GABranch in Hyphy
Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 1:59pm

Dear Sergei,

Thank you for that. However, at this time our station cannot run MPI applications for a problem in the LAM distribution. Shocked
So, Do you have a version for a computer with only one processor? like a single Mac X. I know that this option takes a lot of more execution time.
Wink

Cheers,
Miguel

WWW WWW  
IP Logged